Cockburn's Special reserve port
In 1815, the Scotsman Robert Cockburn and his brother John, already successful wine merchants in Leith near Edinburgh, set up a branch of their firm in Porto: R & J Cockburn’s. They had many business partners through the years. And like all of the early Port companies the name changed. Eventually coming to be known as Cockburn’s & Co : the name that survives today.
|Bottle size||750 ml|
|Appearance||Garnet red colour.|
|Aroma||A youthful nose packed with rich and concentrated aromas of red fruits, predominantly red cherry and hints of plums and strawberry.|
|Palate||On the palate sweet, well rounded, medium length and with luscious red berry flavours leading to a distinctive dry finish, balanced with fine wood-aged flavours.|